Unfug Brothers Mercantile Company Records
Scope and Contents
Collection includes letterpress books, day book journals, ledgers, delivery book, bills payable ledger.
- Unfug, Harry V., Dr., 1926-1993 (Person)
- Unfug Brothers Mercantile Company (Walsenburg, Colo.). (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Hardware store selling wholesale and retail goods established around 1879 by the Unfug brothers: Charles Otto (1846-1907), Adolph (1862-1937), and Frederick A.H. (1857-1932) in Walsenburg, Colo. Originally there were six brothers who emigrated from Bielefeld, Westphalia, Germany. Two other Unfug brothers also lived and were merchants in Walsenburg: Conrad F. (1850-1931), and August Theodore (1860-1924), while the sixth brother, William Unfug (1852-1944) had a grocery business in Oakland, Calif.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Dr. Harry V. Unfug, 1980.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Business records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Business records -- Colorado -- Walsenburg -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Merchants -- Colorado -- Walsenburg -- Records and correspondence -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Unfug Brothers Mercantile Company (Walsenburg, Colo.) -- Archives.
- Unfug, Adolph, 1862-1937 -- Archival resources.
- Unfug, Charles Otto, 1846-1907 -- Archival resources.
- Unfug, Frederick A.H., 1857-1932 -- Archival resources.
- Walsenburg (Colo.) -- History -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script