Robert W. Lloyd Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains photocopies of personal correspondence sent by Robert Lloyd to his wife, June Lloyd (1944-1945).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Robert William Lloyd was born on December 30, 1907 in Los Angeles, Calif. The Lloyd family later moved to Ore. where Robert Lloyd completed high school and attended medical school. He was commissioned an officer in the U.S. Army and joined the 10th Mountain DIvision at Camp Swift, Tex. in 1944 and was assigned to the 10th Mountain Division, Headquarters Company, Medical Detachment. Lloyd also served as a Battalion Commander in Italy and received the Bronze Star Medal in Spring 1945 for his actions during the Apennines and Po River Valley campaigns. He later retired from the Army as a Lieutenant Colonel. Lloyd died on July 28, 1998 in Lane, Ore.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, June Lloyd, 1998.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lloyd, Robert W., 1907-1998 -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army -- Officers -- Biography.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. Medical Detachment -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script