Bruce B. Cooke Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains photocopies and transcripts of letters written to Crooke's parents (1945).
- May 13, 1945
- Cooke, Bruce B.,1919-1987. (Person)
- Unknown, date (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Bruce B. Cooke was born August 22, 1919 the son of Bruce E. and Grace B. Cooke. He enlisted in the Army in May 1943 in San Francisco, California. Prior to enlisting, Cooke had completed a year of college and was working as a skilled blacksmith. He joined the 10th Light Division (Alpine) at Camp Hale, Colorado, where he was assigned to Company L of the 90th Infantry Regiment. He later was transferred to C Company, and then to D Company of the 85th Regiment where he provided heavy machine gun and mortar support for Companies A, B and C of the 85th during World War II in Italy. Cooke received the Bronze Star Medal for his actions near Mount della Spe March 13, 1945. Cooke passed away March 4, 1987.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Unknown; Unknown.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Crooke, Bruce B., 1919-1987 -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bruce B. Cooke Papers
- Keli Schmid
- May 28, 2021
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States