Chester L. Errett Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains original letter from Major General J. A. Ulio to the American Alpine Club in N.Y. soliciting help in enlisting qualified mountaineers for the Army's 10th Mountain Division, May 29, 1942 (1 page).
- May 29, 1942
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Chester Errett was born October 23, 1905 in California. He had completed one year of college and was working as a fireman when he enlisted in the Army in Los Angeles December 11, 1942. Commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant, Errett and joined the ski troops at Camp Hale, Colorado. He served with Company I of the 87th Infantry Regiment, the 10th Mountain Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop and with Company A of the 86th Infantry Regiment. He was also stationed at Camp Swift, Texas and participated in combat operations in Italy. Errett passed away October 2, 1994 in San Diego, California.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Chester L. Errett; 1989.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Errett, Chester L., 1905-1994 -- Archives.
- Generals -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Chester L. Errett Papers
- Keli Schmid
- May 28, 2021
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script