Fred Walsen Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a letter (1886) to G.H. West, Denver, Colo. including check for dues to Wool Growers Association (on Office of the State Treasurer, Colo. stationery, Fred Walsen, Treasurer). Bill; three blank checks; two undated newspaper clippings; real estate map.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Fred Walsen was the founder of the town of Walsenburg, Colo.; owner of its general store and Fred Walsen & Son Bank. B. June 14, 1841 Petersagen, Prussia; d. Feb. 15, 1906 Denver, Colo.
1 envelope (8 items)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Fred Rosenstock, Denver, Colo., 1975.
- Banks and banking -- Colorado -- Walsenburg. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Maps (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Fred Walsen Papers
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States