Frank Hall Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains 2 volumes (1853-1891) with photocopies (negative) of letters of General Frank Hall to his mother, his brother and sister-in-law, other family members regarding family matters, gold diggings of Gregory Gulch and Spanish Bar, early newspaper days of Black Hawk and Central City, politics in Colorado Territory. Treasurer’s Office receipt to J. E. Munson for 1895 taxes signed by Frank Hall, Treasurer, also lists tax levies and special school taxes (1896).
- Hall, Frank,1836-1917. (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Frank Hall was a Colo. miner, journalist, and public official. His wife, Susan Matthews, was the niece of Schuyler Colfax. Frank Hall held a number of significant posts over the years including secretary of the Butterfield Overland Dispatch Company, which later became Wells Fargo and Company.
1 box (.5 linear feet)
Other Finding Aids
Finding aid in repository.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Agnes S. Hall (niece),Denver, Colo.;1959. Gift; LaVonne Perkins (niece); 2013.
Photocopies (negative) of originals owned by the family in New York.
- Colorado -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Colorado -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hall, Frank, 1836-1917 -- Correspondence.
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pioneers -- Colorado -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Frank Hall Papers
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States