Associated Grocers of Colorado, Inc. Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains correspondence; financial papers; Board of Directors meeting minutes; bankruptcy papers; meeting minutes of Sinton Food Company; documents pertaining to sale of Sinton Dairy.
- Majority of material found within 1985-1987
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
A cooperative food wholesale association made up of and owned by a membership of independent grocery retailers. In existence since around 1929, the association did not formally become a company until 1935. Later, acquired 95% of Sinton Dairy stock in 1980. By 1982, the organization had 530 members, but filed for bankcuptcy in 1986.
1 oversize boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, D. Scott Dumler, trustee for Associated Grocers, 1992.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Associated Grocers of Colorado, Inc. -- Archives.
- Business records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Distributors (Commerce) -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Grocery trade -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sinton Food Company (Colo.) -- Archives.
- Wholesale trade -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script