Albert G. Melcher Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains reports, office files, arranged under three subjects: 1. Transportation -- founding of RTD (Regional Transportation District), Glenwood Canyon and I-70 design, State Transportation Policy, I-70 Mountain Corridor, I-70 East, Union Station preservation and planning, Northwest corridor, research materials; 2. Energy -- ROMCOE (Rocky Mountain Center on Environment), Colorado Energy Research Institute, and Colorado School of Mines Research Institute; 3. Land use and ecology -- ROMCOE, DRCOG (Denver Regional Council of Governments), water resources.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Albert G. Melcher was born in Kan. on March 26, 1931. He graduated from East High School before receiving a B.A. and a M.S. in Civil Engineering from Dartmouth College (1953, 1954). For over 40 years, Melcher has been involved in developing solutions for issues related to Colo. transporation, environment, regional planning, energy, and sustainability. He has served as a board member: RTD (Regional Transporation District) and CDOT (Colorado Department of Transportation), ROMCOE (Rocky Mountain Center on Environment), Colorado Citizens for Clean Air, and helped found the Colorado Energy Research Institute at the Colo. School of Mines in Golden.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Albert G. Melcher; 2013.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Colorado Energy Research Institute -- Archival resources.
- Colorado School of Mines. Research Institute -- Archival resources.
- Environmental protection -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Highway planning -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Interstate 70 -- Planning. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Melcher, Albert G. -- Archives.
- Office files Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Regional Transportation District (Denver, Colo.) -- Archival resources.
- Regional planning Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Regional planning -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rocky Mountain Center on Environment -- Archival resources.
- Sustainability -- Colorado. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transportation Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Transportation -- Colorado -- Planning. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Union Station (Denver, Colo.) -- Planning.
- Albert G. Melcher Papers
- Keli Schmid
- March 4, 2022
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script