Henry C. Klingman oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Klingman's experiences: traveling, food service, and accommodations; being wounded in Italy, hospital stay; meeting German prisoners at the end of the war.
- Check date
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Henry C. Klingman was born in Germany in 1925 and enlisted in the Army on November 24, 1943 at Buffalo, N.Y. At the time of his enlistment Klingman was single, had completed four years of high school and working as a stock clerk. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and was assigned to the Headquarters Company, 1st Battalion of the 86th Infantry Regiment. During combat operations in Italy, Klingman was wounded in action and received the Bronze Star medal for his actions on April 16, 1945 during the Cosa Costa, and Appennine campaigns.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Klingman, Henry C., 1925- -- Interviews.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Henry C. Klingman oral history,2007[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script