E. W. Fairchild Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a scrapbook of clippings about mining and locations in Colo. (1874-1876); appointment (July 1912) as election judge and Board of Registry member in Summit County, Colo. Letter from H.W. Barry (1922 May 4, Westcliffe, Colo.) regarding mining property; other appointments; ballots for elections in Montezuma, Summit County, Colo. (1899); some correspondence and documents related to mining operations in Montezuma, Colo. regarding the Wellington Mining Company, Glacier Mountain Mining and Milling Co.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Edward Watler Fairchild was born in N.Y. in 1864. Montezuma, Colo. miner. Served as Summit County Constable (1899), Deputy Sherriff (1900), Police Magistrate (1904), Town of Montezuma Trustee (1899, 1909, 1910, 1912), Summit County Judge of Election (1912), died in 1930 and is buried in Fairmont Cemetery.
1 envelope (1 volume, 20 items)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Mrs. Meadows; no date.
- Ballots Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Barry, H. W. -- Correspondence
- Elections -- Colorado -- Summit County -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fairchild, E. W. (Edward Walter), 1868-1930 -- Archives.
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Mines and mineral resources -- Colorado -- Summit County -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Montezuma (Colo.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Summit County (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the E. W. Fairchild Papers.
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script