William C. Morrison Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains photocopy of personal journal (1944-1945), photocopies of personal correspondence (1945), correspondence (2005).
- Morrison, William C.,Jr.1923-1945. (Person)
- Banas, Gary E., (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western HThe collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
William C. Morrison, Jr. was born in Ind. in 1923 to Lena C. and William C. Morrison Sr. and enlisted in the Army on January 25, 1943 at Evansville, Ind. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried, had completed one year of college and working in food production. Morrison joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company B of the 605th Field Artillery Battalion. He also served at Camp Swift, Tex. before being sent to Italy. Monroe was killed in action on April 30, 1945 when his amphibious vehicle, DUKW, sank on Lark Garda, Italy. He had attained the rank of Private First Class and received a Bronze Star Medal for his service. His name is listed on the Wall of the Missing at the Florence American Cemetery in Florence, Italy.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Gary E. Banas, 2005.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Morrison, William C., Jr. 1923-1945 -- Archives.
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Fiedl Artillery Battalion, 605th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States