Alfred V. Simo Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a copy of Simo's memoir: Remembering... family biography from 1655 and Al's autobiography from 1922-1946 (ca.1984); Remembering... the early years in New York City until after WWII (2004); 10th Mountain Images from Al Simo (2004).
- 1984, 2004
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Alfred V. Simo was born on December 22, 1922 in New York City and enlisted in the Army on January 23, 1943 at Springfield, Mass. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried, had completed three years of high school and working as an apprentice. Simo joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company L of the 85th Infantry Regiment. He was also stationed at Camp Swift, Tex. and in Italy. Simo was wounded in action and received a Silver Star Medal for his actions near Castel D'Aiano at Hill 913 on April 14, 1945. He attained the rank of Staff Sergeant.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Alfred Simo, 2004.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Simo, Alfred V., 1922- -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script