Alan L. Shultes Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains photos of Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944); unit photo of Company C, 87th Infantry Regiment (1944); memoir by H. Robert Krear: The journal of a U.S. Army mountain trooper in World War II (1993); Birth of a division by George F. Earle (1995); company roster and insignias (n.d.); information packet on the World War II valor in the Pacific National Monument (n.d.).
- 1943-1944, 1993-1995
- Shultes, Alan L.,1924- (Person)
- Shultes, Alan L., 1924- (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Alan L. Shultes was born February 20, 1924 in Buffalo, New York, the son of Clyde R and Altha E. He graduated from Wilbur Wright High School and the Electronic Engineering Institute at Detroit, Michigan. Schultes entered military service February 17, 1943. He received his basic training at Camp Roberts, California, before being assigned to the 87th Mountain Infantry Regiment, Company C. Shultes participated in the invasion of Kiska Island, returned to Camp Hale, Colorado for mountain and winter warfare training and then moved with the Division to Camp Swift, Texas. During combat operations against the German Army in Italy, Shultes received the Bronze Star Medal for his actions near Torre Iussi, Italy April 14, 1945. Shultes retired in 1990 following a 34-year career with IBM. He currently (2013) resides in Longmont, Colorado
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Alan Shultes; 2013.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Shultes, Alan L., 1924- -- Archives.
- Ski troops -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Alan L. Shultes Papers
- Keli Schmid
- September 11, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States