10th Mountain Division Reunion Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains large, mounted, copy photographs used during the October 11-14, 2013 reunion held in Washington, D.C.: group photographs of the 85th, 86th, 87th Infantry Regiments (1944); individual photographs of soldiers (1943-1945). All photos are identified with most portraits including biographical information on the verso.
- Thornton, Patricia F., (Person)
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
The 10th Mountain Division, a full division of the US Army, specializing in mountain and winter warfare, trained at Camp Hale, Colo., during WWII. Experienced in skiing, mountaineering, and cold-weather survival as well as military tactics, the soldiers fought enemy forces in the Italian Campaign of 1945. Dubbed the "ski troops" by the press, the 10th Mountain Division remains the only military division recruited by a civilian organization, the National Ski Patrol. Many veterans of the 10th contributed greatly to the development of the recreational ski industry in the US and to the growth of related fields such as outdoor equipment development, and nature conservation.
4 oversize folios
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Patricia F. Thornton; 2013.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Meetings Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources.
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Posters. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reunions -- Washington (D.C.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- 10th Mountain Division Reunion Records
- Keli Schmid
- September 11, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script