Weldon A. Chase oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Chase's experiences: being injured 3 times during combat in Italy and returning to the line; mission at Mt. Belvedere.
- Check date
- Chase, Weldon A.,1924-2011. (Person)
- Kealy, Abbie, (Person)
- Chase, Weldon A., 1924-2011, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Weldon A. Chase was born in Saugus, Mass. on May 2, 1924 and joined the Army at Boston, Mass. in March 1943. At the time of enlistment he was unmarried, had completed four years of high school and was working in the automobile manufacturing industry. Chase joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. and was assigned to the 86th Infantry Regiment, serving in Companies D and K and with the Headquarters Company of the 1st Battalion. He also served with Company L of the 85th. During combat operations in Italy, Chase was wounded at Mount Belvedere in February 1945. He received a Bronze Star medal for valor and a Purple Heart medal for wounds suffered in April 1945 at Hill 913 near Castel d'Aiano. Chase attained the rank of Staff Sergeant. He died in Simsbury, Conn. on January 29, 2011.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Chase, Weldon A., 1924-2011 -- Interviews.
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Weldon A. Chase oral history,2003[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States