Robert S. Goyer oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides information and personal observations about Goyer's experiences: encounter with the Germans; friends Abner Schwartz, Ed Harris; hotel at Riva Ridge and a short confrontations with Yugoslavian soldiers; professional life after the war ended; meeting Senator Robert and Mrs. Dole on a trip to Italy; the gratefulness of the Italian people.
- Check date
- Goyer, Robert S.,Jr.1923- (Person)
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
- Goyer, Robert S., Jr. 1923- (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Robert S. Goyer was born in Ind. on October 7, 1923. He enlisted in the Army Reserves in May 1943 and was assigned to a specialized training program and did his basic training in Texas. Later Goyer was accepted into Officer's Training School and joined the 10th Mountain Division in Italy. He was assigned to Company H of the 86th Infantry Regiment and attained the rank of 2nd Lieutenant.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Goyer, Robert S., 1923- -- Interviews.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mini-DV Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Robert S. Goyer oral history,2004[videorecording]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States