Waldo E. Sweet Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains memoirs: wedding of Waldo and Betty Sweet (1943); memoirs of Betty Sweet at Camp Hale, Colo. (1943-1944); copy of: A Trooper Takes a Wife from Ski Illustrated magazine (February 1945).
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Waldo Earle Sweet was born on April 26, 1912 in Manchester, Conn. and enlisted in the Army on February 4, 1943 at Boston, Mass. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried and had received a PhD from Princeton University. Sweet joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company I of the 86th Infantry Regiment, later with the 10th Mountain Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop. On November 6, 1943, he married his wife, Betty in Salida, Colo. Sweet died in Ann Arbor, Mich. on September 25, 1992.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Elizabeth Sweet, 1994.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sweet, Waldo E., (Waldo Earle), 1912-1992 -- Archives.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. Mountain Cavalry Reconnaissance Troop, 10th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script