Lyle B. Bryner Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains photocopy of a letter written to Lyle Bryner to Dewey Anderson's grandson describing the attack on Mt. Belvedere (4 pages). Dewey D. Anderson (1926-1985) was a member of Company A of the 86th Infantry Regiment. He received the Bronze Star Medal for his actions at Gulandi on March 5, 1945, and was then wounded in action the following day.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Lyle Bryce Bryner was born December 11, 1922 in Price, Utah the son of Junius and Marie Bryner. Bryner’s grandfather once owned the area that became Bryce National Park. Bryner completed four years of high school and worked for a year with Douglas Aircraft prior to enlisting in the Army June 13, 1944 at Fort Douglas, Utah. He joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Swift, Texas, where he was assigned to Company B of the 85th Infantry Regiment. Following the war, Bryner completed a year of college and worked primarily as a farmer and cattle rancher. Bryner passed away October 9, 2003.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Lyle B. Bryner; 1998.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Anderson, Dewey D., 1926-1985. -- Archival resources.
- Bryner, Lyle B., 1922-2003 -- Archives.
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lyle B. Bryner Papers
- Keli Schmid
- May 25, 2021
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script