Floyd H. Erickson oral history
Scope and Contents
The interview provides biographical information and personal observations about Erickson's experiences as a member of the 10th Mountain Division during World War II.
- Erickson, Floyd H.(Floyd Harry),1922- (Person)
- Nordeen, Paul Herbert, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Floyd H. Erickson was born in Mich. in 1922. He completed four years of high school and was working as a carpenter's apprentice at the time of his enlistment in the Army on February 12, 1942 at Marquette, Mich. Erickson was a member of the 10th Mountain Division's 87th Infantry Regiment. He served at Camp Hale, Colo.; Camp Swift; Tex. and participated in the invasion and occupation of Kiska Island in the Aleutians. During the Italian Campaign, Erickson received the Bronze Star Medal for his actions near Torre Iussi on April 14, 1945.
Other Finding Aids
Typed transcript of interview is available.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Paul H. Nordeen;2009.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- DVDs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Erickson, Floyd H. (Floyd Harry), 1922- -- Interviews.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Transcripts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Floyd H. Erickson oral history,Mar.-Apr. 2009
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States