Richard C. Over oral history
Scope and Contents
Copy of interview originally broadcast on Denver, Colo. radio station KMVP's Radio Ski Show. The interview provides information and personal observations about Over's experiences with the 10th Mountain Division during World War II: making of the television documentary: Soldiers of the Summit, produced by KRMA, Channel 6, which was shown on Colorado Adventures, and later nationally on PBS; skiing background prior to entering the Army; organization, training, and equipping of the 10th Mountain Div.; cohesiveness of the 10th Mountain Division. after the war including meetings, newsletters and reunions; development of Aspen and Arapahoe Basin ski areas by veterans of the 10th.
- Over, Richard C.,1924- (Person)
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Richard C. Over was born in Pa. on March 22, 1924. He had completed 4 years of high school before enlisting in the Army on April 12, 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa. Over joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo., and was assigned to the 85th Mountain Infantry, Company A, 86th Mountain Infantry, Company 87-G and the 110th Signal company. He left the 10th Mountain Division on November 8, 1944 to accept a commission as a Warrant Officer .
Other Finding Aids
Typed notes available.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Interview of Dick Over, of the 10th Mountain Infantry Signal Co, on the KMVP, "Radio Ski Show."
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of the 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Audiocassettes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Notes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories (document genres) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Over, Richard C., 1924- -- Interviews.
- Ski troops -- History -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Interviews. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Interviews.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Interviews.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Richard C. Over oral history
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States