Kober family albums
Scope and Contents
Family snapshots of people, houses, scenery, and landmarks in Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming. Prominent names include Joseph Kober, Elizabeth Stenzel Kober, Francis Marie Kober, Alma Kober, Nellie Kober, Walter Vogel, Ethel Anderson, Chelsea York, Norma Swenson, Dorothy Jones, Florence Fulton, Lillian Lachapelle, Amy Lett, Margaret Cook, Miriam Watts, Dorothy Elliot, Anna May Sims, Winifred Bowers, Cora Beattie, Jimmy V. Horn and Howard Tombling. Includes images of Joseph Kober operating a horse drawn water wagon "Denver," or an ice wagon; Slouch Day at South Side High, the Air Circus, the Kober residence at 742 South Emerson Street in Denver and the Karl Stenzel house in Marion, Kansas. Colorado locations include Lakeside Park; Elitch Gardens; City Park; Washington Park; Bear Lake; Palmer Lake; Geneva Glen; Red Rocks; Castle Rock; cabin in Big Thompson Canyon; YMCA Camp above Estes Park; Georgetown; Silver Plume; Indian Hills; Hanging Bridge; Pueblo; Boulder; Central City; Royal Gorge; Castlewood Dam; Flagstaff Mountain; Echo Lake; Daniels Park; Summit Lake; Nederland Dam; Squaw Pass; Victor; Cripple Creek; Manitou Springs; Nederland; Garden of the Gods; Blackhawk; Steamboat Springs; Grand Lake; Fraser; Leadville; Hoosier Pass; Fall River Pass; South Park; Moffat Tunnel; Hidden Lake; Mount Evans summit; Dillon; Tabernash; Kremmling; Buena Vista; Craig; Grand Junction; Gunnison; Loveland Pass; Berthoud Pass; Woodland Park; Palisade; Mount Garfield; Red Elephant Mine in Lawson; Monarch Pass; Antero Junction; Trail Ridge Pass; Elkhorn Lodge, Estes Park and Ralston Dam. Utah locations include Provo; Utah State Capitol; Black Rock Bathing Beach; and Mormon Temples in Logan and Salt Lake City. Wyoming locations include Hells Half Acre; Big Spring, Summit; Thermopolis; Buffalo Bill Memorial statue, Cody; rock formations on the Cody Road; views of Yellowstone Park; Wyoming State Capitol and the Cheyenne airport.
- between 1918-1940
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colo.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
2 photo box(es)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Accession information unknown.
Photographs range in size from 4 x 5 cm. (1 1/2 x 2 in.) to 12 x 7 cm. (4 1/2 x 2 1/2 in.)
Many photographs have dates, names, and locations inked in margins or on verso.
2 albums housed in one photo box. String-bound albums have paper board and leatherette covers with gold letters: "Photographs."
- Black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- City and town life -- Colorado -- Denver -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colorado -- Description and travel -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Denver (Colo.) -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Families -- Colorado -- Denver -- History -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kober, Joseph -- History -- Photographs.
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Utah -- Description and travel -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wyoming -- Description and travel -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Kober family albums[graphic]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script