Denver Municipal (City and County) Building Album
Scope and Contents
The collection includes views of early construction phases of the Denver City and County Building, in Denver, Colorado, including groundbreaking, foundation excavation, and primary infrastructure. Includes a shot of men seated around a table with papers being signed. Also shows surrounding buildings including the Civic Center Colonnade, the Imperial Apartments, the Carnegie Library, residences, concrete forms, equipment and workers, the Kittredge Building, and the May D & F Tower.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
1 photo box(es)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Mayor Tom Currigan.
Title printed in gold on black leatherette cover.
Photographs are 20 x 25 cm. (8 x 10 in.); many are combined into panoramas. Photographs are mounted on linen pages.
Typed paper with album reads: "Album was given to Mayor Tom Currigan from Mrs. R.F. Horlbeck [Kathryn Metcalf Horlbeck] in 1965 and then was later transferred to the Western History Department of the Denver Public Library. Views include the groundbreaking ceremony with Mayor Ben Stapleton and others (March 26, 1929) and the early stages of construction (primarily foundation excavation and work) of the Denver City and County Building through July, 1928."
Album housed in photo box.
- Black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- City and County Building (Denver, Colo.) -- Photographs.
- City halls -- Construction -- Colorado -- Denver -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Civic Center District (Denver, Colo.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Denver (Colo.) -- Buildings, structures, etc. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Public buildings -- Colorado -- Denver -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Stapleton, Benjamin Franklin, 1869-1950 -- Photographs.
- Finding Aid for the Denver Municipal (City and County) Building Album 1929[graphic] /Lindevall
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description