Jeff Durley Diary
Scope and Contents
Log of "3 months laborious travel" from Colorado, across Wyoming (partly on the Oregon Trail) to the "Nesperces or Salmon River mines" of Idaho.
- May 8-August 1, 1862
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
From Hennepin, Ill., one of a party of nine men crossing the mountains from Denver, Colo. to Elk City, Idaho by wagon in 1862.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Existence and Location of Copies
Repository also has available in typed transcript.
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oregon National Historic Trail. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Overland journals. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- West (U.S.) -- Description and travel. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script