Jacob Pollack Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains copy of correspondence explaining how five of his brothers also served in the Army (2001); The Pollack Journal: typescript compilation of correspondence between the Pollack brothers and their parents (August-November 1944); correspondence from 6th grade class to Jacob Pollack (2001); photograph of Jacob and Sophie Pollack (n.d.).
- 1944, 2001
- Pollack, Jacob,1925- (Person)
- Pollack, Jacob, 1925- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Jacob Pollack was born in Cook County, Ill. on November 19, 1925 and enlisted in the Army after graduating from high school at Downer's Grove, Ill.. He was the youngest of eight children born to Joseph and Anna Pollack who had emigrated from Russia in 1905. In April 1945, Pollack was sent to Italy after completed basic training to join the 10th Mountain Division, where he was assigned to Headquarters Company, 2nd Battalion, 85th Infantry Regiment.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Jacob Pollack, 2001.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pollack, Jacob, 1925- -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States