Anthony J. Sileo Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains memoir: My Life in the 10th Mountain Division (n.d.)
- circa 1975
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Anthony J. Sileo was born in Conn. on December 18, 1923 the son of Italian immigrants, Andrew and Angelina Sileo. He enlisted in the Army on February 18, 1943 at Hartford, Conn. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried and had completed one year of college. Sileo joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company I of the 85th Infantry Regiment. He was also stationed at Camp Swift, Tex. and in Italy. Sileo attained the rank of Technician/5. He died in Glenmont, N.Y. on November 10, 1976.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Anthony Sileo, 2001.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sileo, Anthony J., 1923-1976 -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script