Dillon C. Snell Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains Snell's memoir: My First War (1997); Bronze Star Medal citation (1945); biographical information (n.d.); photocopy of photographs of Dillon and Rebecca Snell in Italy (1997).
- 1945, 1997
- Snell, Dillon C.,1924- (Person)
- Snell, Dillon C., 1924- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Dillon C. Snell was born in Minneapolis, Minn. on August 16, 1924 and enlisted in the Army on December 12, 1942 at Lansing, Mich. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried and had completed one year of college. Snell joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colorado where he was assigned to Company L of the 86th Infantry Regiment. During combat operations in Italy he was wounded in action at C Peli on April 19, 1945 and received two Bronze Star medals for his actions at Mount Gorgolesco on February 20, 1945 and during the Apennines and Po RIver campaigns late in Spring 1945.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Dillon Snell, 1997.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Snell, Dillon C., 1924- -- Archives.
- Soldiers -- United States -- Biography. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States