American Fire Insurance Company Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a register (1885-1892) of policies generated by agents from Montrose, Colo.
- American Fire Insurance Company (Philadelphia, Pa.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Principal office located in Philadelphia. Company chartered in 1810.
1 oversize folio
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- American Fire Insurance Company (Philadelphia, Pa.) -- Archival resources.
- Business records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Fire insurance policies -- Colorado -- Montrose -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Insurance companies -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Insurance records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script