H. Robert Krear Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains copies of Krear's memoirs: Journal of a U.S. Army mountain ski trooper in World War II, Memoirs of field maneuvers at Camp Hale; correspondence, b/w photographs, military documents and booklets, menus, newspaper and magazine articles featuring Krear, and a Shield Bible Krear carried.
- Krear, H. Robert,(Harry Robert)1922- (Person)
- Krear, H. Robert, (Harry Robert) 1922- (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
H. Robert "Bob" Krear was born in Pennsylvania in 1922 and enlisted in the Army on October 12, 1942 at Chambersburg, Pennsylvania. At the time of his enlistment he was unmarried, had completed four years of high school and was a member of the Pennsylvania State College ski team. Krear volunteered for the 10th Mountain Division in June 1943 and arrived at Camp Hale, Colorado shortly thereafter. He was assigned to Company L of the 86th Infantry Regiment. Krear also served at Camp Swift, Texas before being sent to Italy. He received a Bronze Star medal for his actions during the Apennines and Po River campaigns in Spring 1945. Krear passed away in 2017.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Bob Krear; 1990. Gift; Susan Raymond; 2019.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
Collection contains former minus collection -M2144
- Black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Krear, H. Robert, (Harry Robert) 1922- -- Archives.
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- H. Robert Krear Papers
- Keli Schmid
- November 6, 2019
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States