Harold K. Irons Photo Collection
Scope and Contents
Collection contains photographs that document Iron's life as a soldier as a member of the 10th Mountain Division (1943-1945). Included are images of training and personnel at Camp Hale, Colo. Additional views depict the Lake Garda area of Northern Italy. A limited number of photographs have been identified.
- Irons, Harold K.,1917-2013. (Person)
- Treadway, Doris, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Harold K. Irons was born August 24, 1917 in Otsego County, NY to Elwin and Hattie Irons. His parents had given his siblings family names but decided they didn't want to do that with him. They opened the newspaper to a list honoring WWl soldiers and named him Harold Kenneth after the first person on the list. Harold completed grammar school prior to enlisting in the Army July 22, 1943 at Utica, New York. In 1940, Harold had married Gladys Brigham. During World War II, Irons was a member of the 10th Mountain Division. He served with the 126th Engineering Battalion, Company A and was stationed at Camp Hale, Colorado, Camp Swift, Texas and in Italy. After the war Harold and Gladys moved to Mt. Vision, NY and Harold worked in the production of motor coaches. After Irons retired, they moved to Mesa, AZ. In 1999 Harold married Joyce Summers. Harold died Sept. 4, 2013 shortly after celebrating his 96th birthday.
.25 photo box
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Doris Treadway; 2013.
Physical condition: photos are in good condition.
- Black-and-white photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Irons, Harold K., 1917-2013 -- Photographs.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographic prints. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Photographs -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Engineering Battalion, 126th -- Photographs.
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Photographs.
- Harold K. Irons Photo Collection
- Keli Schmid
- September 8, 2020
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States