Charles Worthington Comstock Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains two engineering reports by Worthington: Bancock Street Bridge (1907); The High Line Canal and the Antero Reservoir (1917). Photo album with photographs of the construction of the Bannock Street bridge over Cherry Creek (1907); concrete alley paving (1908); concrete bridge over Sand Creek near Aurora (1912); construction of the manufacturing plant of the J.Geo. Leyner Engineering Works Co. (n.d.); construction at the Denver, Gas and Electric Co. (n.d.); unnamed viaduct and water tunnel (n.d.). Engineering report on High Line canal and Antero Reservoir includes history, performance, graphs, tables; report on Bannock Street Bridge contains analysis of the bridge design, specifications, details, conclusion. Note in photo album lists F.C. Dreher as the designer and supervisor of construction for the Bannock Bridge, Leyner Manufacturing Plant, Denver Gas and Electric Projects.
- 1907-1908, 1917
- Comstock, Charles Worthington,1870- (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Born Feb. 10, 1870, Maroa, Ill.; Consulting engineer in Denver, Colo.; former State Engineer of Colorado; Died September 18, 1958; Denver, Colo.
1 Boxes (.25 linear feet)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transfer, Denver Public Library, Science and Engineering Dept., 1976.
- Antero Reservoir (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Antero and Lost Park Reservoir Company -- Archival resources.
- Bridges -- Colorado -- Design and construction -- 20th century -- Pictorial works. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Canals -- Colorado -- Design and construction -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Comstock, Charles Worthington, 1870- -- Archival resources.
- Dreher, A. C. -- Archival resources.
- High Line Canal (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Municipal engineering -- Colorado -- Denver -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reports. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Water resources development -- West (U.S.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Water-supply -- Colorado -- Denver -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script