Joseph E. Laycock Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a CD-Rom with scans of Laycock's wartime diaries (1945-1946), military documents, photographs, reunion photographs and travel documents.
- Laycock, Joseph E.,1919-2000. (Person)
- Acchinoe, Anita Laycock, (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Joseph Laycock was born March 3, 1919 in Ohio and enlisted in the Army at Columbus on August 23, 1944. He had completed four years of high school and was unmarried at the time of his enlistment. Laycock served with the 10th Mountain Division in Italy in the 10th Antitank Battalion, Company A. He achieved the rank of Private First Class. Laycock passed away in 2000.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Anita Laycock Acchione; 2011.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Laycock, Joseph E., 1919-2000 -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Diaries. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th. Antitank Battalion, Battery A. -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Joseph E. Laycock Papers
- Keli Schmid
- June 1, 2021
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States