Theo Conkey Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains papers related to Conkey's service at Fort Lyon, Colo. Chiefly reports concerning U.S. troops stationed at Fort Lyon, Colo. Territory during August 1865. Included are copies of special orders issued, as well as other memoranda and communications.
- March 2-November 20, 1865
- Conkey, Theodore,1818-1880. (Person)
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
- Fort Lyon (Colo.). (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The imply Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Theodore Conkey was born on December 11, 1819 in Canton, N.Y. He served as a Captain with the 3rd Wisconsin Cavalry during the Civil War stationed in western Mo. and eastern Kan. Beginning on June 12, 1865, Conkey was the commander of the Army post at Fort Lyon, Colorado Territory. He was later promoted to the rank of Lieutenant Colonel. Conkey died on March 17, 1880 in Appleton, Wisc.
1 envelope (14 items)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Unknown; n.d.
Listed as "Theo Conkey" on military records and paperwork.
- Conkey, Theodore, 1818-1880.
- Fort Lyon (Colo.) -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military bases -- Colorado -- Fort Lyon -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military installations Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States. Army -- Records and correspondence -- 19th century.
- United States. Army. Wisconsin Cavalry Regiment, 3rd (1861-1865) -- History.
- Finding Aid for the Theo Conkey Papers.
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script