Denver Urban Renewal Authority Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains administrative records as well as material on various urban renewal projects initiated in Denver, Colo. Renewal Projects include Skyline, Daniels and Fisher Tower, Auraria, Larimer Street, Avondale and the Tabor Center. Materials include reports, correspondence, architectural plans, project manuals, Board of Commissioner’s meeting minutes, newsletters, bid proposals, newspaper clippings, legal documents and historic building preservation information. The first seven boxes were processed in 1982 and are organized into two series: Series 1 Administrative Records (1958-1973) and Series 2 Projects (1964-1974). The remaining materials have been inventoried at the box level.
- Denver Urban Renewal Authority. (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Denver Urban Renewal Authority was established in 1958, superceding an earlier Urban Renewal Advisory Commission begun in 1955 under the Dept. of Public Works. Primary responsibility is to develop and implement programs of improvement for blighted areas through conservation, rehabilitation, and/or redevelopment.
14 Boxes (13.5 linear feet)
7 oversize boxes
8 oversize folios
10 oversize folders
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Frank Kawamoto, 1976; Thomas Gargan, 1993; Sterling Kahn, 1993.
- City planning -- Colorado -- Denver -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Denver Urban Renewal Authority -- Archives.
- Historic buildings -- Colorado -- Denver. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Larimer Street (Denver, Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Naf
- Organization files Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Project files. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Skyline Park (Denver, Colo.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Towers -- Colorado -- Denver Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Urban renewal -- Colorado -- Denver -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Denver Urban Renewal Authority Records
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script