Marshall S. Crawford Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains Crawford's military service records during the Civil War; membership records in G.A.R. and various A.F. & A.M. masonic lodges.
- Crawford, Marshall S., 1836-1923 (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Born Syracuse, De Kalb County, Ill. on November 25, 1836, enlisted in Company F, Iowa 3rd Cavalry Regiment on August 30, 1861, mustered out as a 1st Lieutenant on August 9, 1865 at Atlanta, Ga. Denver, Colo. resident from 1883, active in G.A.R. and Masonic organizations. Died on February 18, 1923 in Denver, Colo. and buried in Fairmont Cemetery.
1 envelope (15 items)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Unknown donor; no date.
- Crawford, Marshall S., 1836-1923 -- Archives.
- Fraternal lodges Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Freemasons -- Iowa -- Libertyville -- 19th century.
- Freemasons -- Kansas -- Oskaloosa -- 19th century.
- Grand Army of the Republic -- History.
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Soldiers -- United States -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Iowa Cavalry Regiment, 3rd (1861-1865) -- History.
- Veterans -- United States -- 19th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Marshall S. Crawford Papers.
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script