E. Preble Motley Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a copy of Motley's memoir: Memoirs of Six Months by E. P. Motley.
- Motley, E. Preble(Edward Preble),Jr.,1921-1973. (Person)
- Boddington, Bill, (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Edward Preble Motley, Jr. was born on May 28, 1931 in Boston, Mass. He attended St. Mark's School and Harvard University before joining the Army on July 17, 1942 at Boston. Motley joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he a member of Company C and Headquarters Company of the 605th Field Artillery Battlalion. He later joined Company B of the 605th and served at Camp Swift, Tex. and in Italy. Motley received a Bronze Star Medal for his actions at Riva Ridge on February 20, 1945 and was wounded in action at Mount Terminale on March 3, 1945. He died in Yolo, Calif. on September 26, 1973.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Bill Boddington, 1990.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Motley, E. Preble (Edward Preble), Jr., 1921-1973 -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 605th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States