Excelsior School and Club Association Records
Scope and Contents
Collection contains letter and card from State Collection Agency demanding payment. Also letter from "Defense Committee" soliciting money for a defense fund against claims.
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
- State Collection Agency (Denver, Colo.) (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Confidence scheme of Sarah St. Justin Beale and others for $600,000 from over 2000 subscribers to the Excelsior School and Club Association, Denver, Colo. (1906). The proposed school was for teaching young women the domestic arts.
1 envelope (3 items)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Unknown; n.d.
- Beale, Sarah St. Justin, -- Archival resources.
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) -- Archival resources
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) -- Archival resources.
- Swindlers and swindling -- Colorado -- Denver -- 20th century. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Excelsior School and Club Association Records.
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script