Richard H. Nebeker Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains copies of Nebeker's memoir: My Experiences in the Ski Troops (1989); letter to Glen Hines (1990).
- circa 1989; November 19, 1990
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Richard Hulme Nebeker was born on March 3, 1924 in Salt Lake City, Utah and enlisted in the Army on January 7, 1943 at Salt Lake City. At the time of his enlistment, he was unmarried and had completed four years of high school. Nebeker joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company A of the 85th Infantry Regiment. He was also stationed at Camp Swift, Tex. and in Italy. Nebeker was commissioned at 2nd Lieutenant in July 1945. He died in Salt Lake City, Utah on May 21, 1998.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Richard H. Nebeker, 1990.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nebeker, Richard H., 1924-1998 -- Archives.
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script