Eugene T. Burke Papers
Scope and Contents
Includes correspondence, correspondence recollections about holidays (1944-1945) while serving as a Battle Casualty Officer in Italy (1945), military papers and ephemera, personal papers and scrapbook pages.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Captain Eugene T. Burke was born January 17, 1918 in N.Y. He served with the 10th Mountain Division during World War II and was stationed at Camp Hale, Colo.; Camp Swift, Tex. and Camp Carson Colo. During combat operations in Italy, Burke served as the Division's casualty officer. He received the Bronze Star medal for his service at the Apennines and Po River campaigns in the Spring of 1945. Died January 14, 2000 in Copiague, N.Y.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Eugene T. Burke;2006.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Armies -- United States -- Officers -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Burke, Eugene T., 1918-2000 -- Archives.
- Camp Carson (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Eugene T. Burke Papers,1944-1945
- Keli Schmid
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script