Norma Tadlock Johnson Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains research for her book: Soldiers of the mountain, the story of the 10th Mountain Division of World War II (2005); Dillon Snell memoir: Italy, 1944-45; correspondence; notes; articles; clippings. Photographs: 70 color transparencies (copies) primarily Italian campaign (1945), 4 color snapshots of Camp Hale (ca. 1944) and 11 black and white snapshots of Camp Hale (ca. 1944).
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Graduated from Broadway High School in Seattle, Washington and Washington State College. Did graduate work at Mexico City College. Married Elvin R. "Bob" Johnson and has two children Janice and Karl. Elvin R. "Bob" Johnson was a Lieutenant in the 10th Mountain Division, 86th Regiment. Norma is a retired schoolteacher and author. Publishing career began with four romance novels co-written with her daughter, Janice Kay Johnson Also published mysteries and children's books. More recent work includes a non-fiction history of the 10th Mountain Division of World War II titled Soldiers of the Mountains dedicated to the memory of her husband.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Norma Tadlock Johnson;2007.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Johnson, Norma Tadlock -- Archives.
- Memoirs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Research (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Snell, Dillon, 1924- -- Archival resources.
- Women authors, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Norma Tadlock Johnson Papers,1944-1997
- Keli Schmid
- May 9, 2018
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script