Marcus Kletter Papers
Scope and Contents
Includes newspaper clippings; special order of the day (April 1945); birthday card (August 1944) and Program (Italian) Il Barbiere di Siviglia, Naples (ca 1945). Photo album and loose photos contain images of Camp Hale, ski training, 3rd platoon 85-G, individual sliders and portrait and images of Kletter.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Marcus Kletter was born on December 13, 1917 in N.Y. He enlisted in the Army September 9, 1943 and served with the 10th Mountain Division. At the time of his enlistment he was married, had completed college and working in printing and publishing. Kletter was assigned to the 85th Infantry Regiment, Company G. During his service with the Army he was stationed at Camp Hale, Colo. and Camp Swift, Tex. He engaged in ground combat operations in Italy against German Army forces then occupying the country and was wounded in action at Marzola Hill 762 on April 15, 1945. He died on July 9, 2009 in Delray Beach, Fla.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Fredi Ruth Kletter;2006.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kletter, Marcus, 1917-2009 -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Infantry Regiment, 85th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- name, date -- Archives.
- Marcus Kletter Papers,1943-1945
- Keli Schmid
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script