Identifier: C MSS WH2203
Scope and Contents
Collection contains a short (2:15) 16mm promotional film showing Marlboro logo with title: "Western Heritage." The film is illustrated with relics of the early West featuring photographs from the Denver Public Library Western History Collection and other western archives.
- Philip Morris Incorporated. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Marlboro is the largest selling brand of cigarettes in the world. Initially marketed as a woman's filtered cigarette in 1924, the brand was repackaged in the 1950s to appeal to men. The cigarette is manufactured by Philip Morris USA within the U.S., and internationally by Philip Morris International. It is well known for its billboard advertisements and magazine ads of the Marlboro Man, and has long been involved in the sponsorship of motorsport.
1 reel (50 ft.) :sd., col. ;16mm.ref print.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Film can label reads: To: Denver Public Library; Product: Marlboro; TItle: "Chuck Wagon".
Running time: 2:15 min.
Produced by: Leo Burnett Limited, 48 St. Martin's Lane, London WC2N 4EI, England.
Varying Form of Title
Marlboro :Western Heritage.
Varying Form of Title
- 16mm (photographic film size) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Cigarette industry -- United States -- Marketing. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cowboys in popular culture -- Marketing. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Leo Burnett Ltd. -- Archival resources.
- Philip Morris Incorporated -- History.
- Promotional materials. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the Western Heritage,1983
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script