Albert William Archibald Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains copies of notes and typed transcripts of material in Las Animas County court house library, Trinidad, Colo. made by Archibald about early-day Trinidad, Colo. (est. 1859) and some of its pioneers.
- circa 1900-1921
- Archibald, Albert William,1840-1924. (Person)
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Albert William Archibald was born in Nova Scotia on January 1, 1840 and emigrated with his family to Boston, Mass. in 1849. He arrived in Colo. Territory in 1858 and settled in the Trinidad area (1861). Later appointed U.S. Postrmaster for Trinidad, Huerfano County, Colo. Territory (1862); admitted to the Colorado bar (1870) and practiced law in Trinidad. Died in San Franciso, Calif. on October 28, 1924.
1 envelope (8 leaves)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift ;Morris F. Taylor,Trinidad, Colo.;1946.
- Archibald, Albert William, 1840-1924 -- Archives.
- Lawyers -- Colorado -- Trinidad. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pioneers -- Colorado -- Trinidad -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Research (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Trinidad (Colo.) -- History. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Albert William Archibald Papers
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script