John Benson Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains correspondence, prayer book, ephemera (1943-1945).
- Benson, John,1920- (Person)
- Benson, John, 1920- (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
John Benson was born on May 14, 1920 in Albany, N.Y. He was a graduate of Bowdoin College (1943). Joined the Army of January 2, 1943 at Hartford, Conn. Later with the 10th Mountain Division where he served with Company C of the 86th Infantry Regiment. He was Stationed at Camp Carson, Colo.; Camp Hale, Colo.; and at Camp Swift, Tex. Benson received a Bronze Star Medal for his actions on March 5, 1945 at Sassomolare. After the war, worked in manufacturing. Retired as a CEO in 1985.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; John Benson; 2005.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Benson, John, 1920- -- Archives.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Swift (Tex.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- John Benson Papers
- Keli Schmid
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
Part of the Denver Public Library, Western History and Genealogy Repository
10 W. 14th Ave. Pkwy
Denver CO 80204 United States