Albert H. Jackman Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains newspaper clippings, obituary, correspondence (1942-1943), military papers (1941-1944) and Italy maps.
- Jackman, Albert H., 1908-1997, (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Albert H. Jackman was born in Rosedale, Kans. on Feburary 15, 1908. Involved in ROTC program at Princeton in 1927, received a commission in 1931 and went on active duty in January 1941. Served with the 10th Mountain Division as a Major with Headquarters Company, 604th Field Artillery in Italy where he received a Bronze Star Medal for his actions at Le Borre on March 7, 1945. He later served in the Pacific-Asiatic, North American, and Korean theaters. He was the 11th person to climb Mt. McKinley. While in the military, participated in tests of winter military gear. After serving in the Army, Jackman earned a PhD in Geography from Clark University, Mass. and was professor at Western Michigan University, in Kalamazoo. He died in Concord, Mass. on January 3, 1997 at the age of 88.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Albert H. Jackman;undated.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Armies -- United States -- Officers -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jackman, Albert H., 1908-1997. -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Field Artillery Battalion, 604th -- Archival resources.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Albert H. Jackman Papers
- Keli Schmid
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script