Hans H. Teichner Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection includes biography compiled by David L. Miller (ca.1990s), military papers (1944), rosters (1944), correspondence (1992), and copies of photographs (n.d.).
- 1944, 1990-1992
- Teichner, Hans H.,1908-1957. (Person)
- Excelsior School and Club Association (Denver, Colo.) (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Hans H. "Pepi" Teichner was born on November 21, 1908 in Plauen, Saxon, Germany. Educated at the University of Munich, he was a member of the German national ski team for eight years and competed in numerous international competitions in Europe. Teichner, who was Jewish, later fled Germany with the rise of Nazism and coached the Spanish National and Olympic ski teams until the outbreak of the Spanish Civil War. He helped to smuggle refugees out of Spain on skis, resulting in a $1,000 bounty on his life. Came to the United States in 1937. Was a member of the 86th Mountain Infantry Regiment as a ski and climbing instructor with the 10th Mountain Division. Teichner died on November 25, 1957 in Tarverse City, Mich. and was posthumously inducted into the United States National Ski Hall of Fame in 1968.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Military records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Teachers -- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Teichner, Hans H., 1908-1957. -- Archives.
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- Hans H. Teichner Papers,1944-1992
- Keli Schmid
- May 14, 2018
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script