George B. Clark Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains photographs taken at Camp Hale, Colo. by George B. Clark (1943-1944).
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
George Brittain Clark was born in Rutherford, N.C. on August 31, 1914 and enlisted in the Army on March 7, 1942 at Fort Bragg, N.C. At the time of his enlistment, he was unmarried, had completed one year of high school and working as a serviceman in a filling station. Clark joined the 10th Mountain Division at Camp Hale, Colo. where he was assigned to Company A of the Quartermaster Battalion. He died on May 14, 1988 in Asheville, N.C.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clark, George B. (George Brittain) 1914-1988 -- Archives.
- Military maneuvers -- Cold weather conditions -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ski troops -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Mountain Division, 10th -- Photographs.
- United States. Army. Quartermaster Battalion, 10th -- Archival resources.
- George B. Clark Papers
- Keli Schmid
- May 25, 2018
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script