George C. Dangman Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains correspondence (1943-1945), a biographical sketch (n.d.), transcription of clippings regarding Dangman's artwork (n.d.), a photograph of Dangman (1944) and 19 wood block prints on Christmas cards by Dangman (1971-1988).
- Dangman, George C.(George Casper),1909-1989. (Person)
- Dangman, W. Jean, (Person)
- Trucker, Joanne, (Person)
- Davis, Elma, (Person)
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
George Casper Dangman was born in Brooklyn, N.Y. in 1909 and enlisted in the Army on February 10, 1943 in New York City, N.Y. At the time of his enlistment, he was unmarried, had completed four years of high school and working as a manager. Dangman served with the 10th Mountain Division during World War II. Stationed at Camp Hale, Colo.; Camp Swift, Tex.; Italy; and Camp Carson, Colo. He attained the rank of Staff Sergeant and received a Bronze Star Medal for his actions near Madna di Brasa on March 4, 1945. After the war, Dangman studied art at Brooklyn's Pratt institute and became an artist. He died in Brooklyn, N.Y. on August 10, 1989.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Mrs. W. Jean Dangman, Joanne Trucker, Elma Davis; 2003, 2007.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Camp Carson (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Camp Hale (Colo.) -- Archival resources. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dangman, George C. (George Casper), 1909-1989 -- Archives.
- Ski troops. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 87th -- Archival resources.
- George C. Dangman Papers
- Keli Schmid
- October 23, 2018
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script