Paul Schmalzl Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains loose photo album pages, reunion activities, Vail, Camp Hale (1983); Tennessee Pass (1982); Photograph album 1 - New England Chapter activities (1981), Italy Reunion tour (1982); Photograph album 2 - Italy reunion tour (1987), includes Paul and Florence Schmalzl's 50th wedding anniversary cards and photographs. Albums also include memorabilia and newspaper clippings.
Language of Materials
Materials are in English.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to publish, reproduce, or quote from material in the collection should be discussed with the appropriate librarian or archivist. Permission for publication may be given on behalf of the Denver Public Library as the owner of the physical item. It is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which also must be obtained by the customer. The Library does not assume any responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of the manuscript held by the writer, heirs, donors, or executors. Reproduction restrictions are decided on a case-by-case basis.
Biographical / Historical
Paul Schmalzl, Jr. was born on July 1, 1922 in N.Y. and joined the Army on October 21, 1942 in New York City, N.Y. At the time of his enlistment he was a widower, had completed four years of high school and was working as a machinist. He joined the 10th Mountain Division where he was assigned to Company F, 86th Infantry Regiment. Schmalzl was stationed at Camp Hale, Colo., Camp Swift, Tex. and in Italy. He died May 26, 2005 in Roebuck, S.C.
1 Oversize Photo Boxes
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift; Patricia Schmalzl Ashworth; 2007.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
Linking Entry Complexity Note
Forms part of: 10th Mountain Division Resource Center Collection.
- Ephemera (general object genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- National Association of the 10th Mountain Division, Inc. -- Archival resources.
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Schmalzl, Paul, Jr. 1922-2005 -- Archives.
- Ski troops -- Photographs. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Infantry Regiment, 86th -- Archival resources.
- Paul Schmalzl Papers
- Keli Schmid
- June 16, 2019
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script