Edgar A. Johnson papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains letters, press release, and enclosures urging support of Wheat Ridge, Colo. "Save our soddy" campaign, an effort to raise money for the purchase and preservation of a circa 1860s pioneer sod house.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
Edgar A. Johnson was the Director of Parks Planning, Dept. of Parks-Recreation, Denver, Colo., a member of Historic Denver, Inc., and a member of the committee to raise funds to save a circa 1860s pioneer sod house located at 4610 Robb Street, Wheatride, Colo. The sod house was saved and is now encorporated as part of the Wheatridge Historical Society's historic park.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Marge Heffron,Denver, Colo.;1975.
Varying Form of Title
Save our soddy
- Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration -- Colorado -- Wheat Ridge. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Letters (correspondence) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Press releases. Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Sod houses -- Colorado -- Wheat Ridge. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding Aid for the Edgar A. Johnson papers,1973[manuscript]
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Anglo American Cataloguing Rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script