John D. Hart Papers
Scope and Contents
Collection contains daily log books (1927-1951) related to Hart's work for the Colorado Game and Fish Department record odometer readings, weather, total hours worked, expenses, license numbers, names of people; personal diaries (1959-1984) document activities with service organizations, news items, health related issues for himself and his wife.
Language of Materials
Material is in English unless otherwise noted.
Conditions Governing Access
Contact Western History/Genealogy Dept., Denver Public Library, Denver, Colorado.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright is retained by the author of the items in this collection, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Biographical / Historical
John Duncan Hart was born on October 2, 1901 in Nevada, Missouri the son of Mike and Gertrude (Duncan) Hart. From 1927-1959 he workd for the Colorado Game and Fish Department, eventually becoming Assistant Director. Hart died on June 26, 1989 in Grand Junction, Mesa County, Colorado and is buried with his wife, Dorothy Anabell Bryant (1899-1982) at Orchard Mesa Cemetery.
6 boxes (6 linear feet)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift;Kay Horton Knudsen;2015.
Catalog record based on preliminary inventory.
- Colorado. Game and Fish Department -- Archival resources.
- Diaries Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Game wardens -- Colorado -- 20th century -- Diaries. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hart, John D. (John Duncan), 1901-1989. -- Archives.
- Logs (records) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Finding Aid for the John D. Hart Papers.
- Finding Aid prepared from MARC data.
- Description rules
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script